Agastya International Foundation, in association with Gyanome Foundation,
Imaginary and SBI Funds Management Private Ltd. the investment manager of
SBI Mutual Fund, is inaugurating the Ramanujan Math Park on December 22,
2017, at its 172-acre Creativity Campus situated in Kuppam.
Having drawn inspiration from the extraordinary works of Indian
Mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan, the park aims to provide a space to
promote learning, exploration, and discovery of ideas that convey a sense of the
ubiquity of Math. By giving hands-on learning experience of math concepts, it
aims to increase enthusiasm and reduce and eliminate obstacles in learning
math, especially among economically underprivileged children.
Located prominently in the Math Park is a bust of Srinivasa Ramanujan, placed to
seemingly oversee mathematics reach out a hand to every child that spends time
at the park. See the park in action through this video link.
The Ramanujan Math Park is envisaged as an evolving platform for students,
teachers and math enthusiasts to come together and communicate various
mathematical ideas that will lead to greater engagement with the subject.
- To ignite curiosity and interest in mathematics by focusing on creating
content that scaffolds as learning materials in schools, while being in lieu
to the curriculum.
- To facilitate the learning of math concepts by developing exhibits,
pedagogies and engaging activities.
- To instill a sense of appreciation and excitement in children by tapping
into the mysteries, beauty and relevance of math.
- To make the learning of math contextual, conceptual and meaningful.
- To introduce the all-pervasive nature of mathematics by focusing on
evolution, storytelling, and utility of various mathematical concepts.
- To facilitate a space for understanding the fundamentals of math, using
interactive hands-on approach through the display of exhibits that
demonstrate connections between math and various other fields like
architecture, music, arts, astronomy, physics, engineering, technology
- To encourage and engage students and teachers to create content that is
relevant to the Indian context and demonstrate their understanding of
math by way of essays, competitions, etc.
- To inspire students by introducing and featuring the works of Indian
- To highlight the contributions of India and other civilizations in the
evolution of mathematical ideas.
- To create digital content that aims at empowering teachers with teaching
resources that helps them to engage and use technology meaningfully in
- To document and preserve the existing mathematical knowledge present
in rural India.
- To create a space where experts and reputed institutions from all over the
world participate and support in evolving ideas, through talks, training,
The Ramanujan Math Park will focus on creating a learning environment that
fosters and nurtures the desire to engage with mathematics in enriching ways,
amongst broad strata of the society.